Thursday, February 19, 2009

It is all a farce...

HGTV is leading us on.  You know those shows where they re-make rooms in 24 hours.  HOW? I ask you.  How do you paint a room, and then do another coat, and another?  Not to mention the touch-ups.  WHAT THE HECK?

Here after 2 weeks is my room reveal:Kitchen

Yes! We painted it red, and I love it. I changed a few things around in this room, but I did not buy anything new.  It is amazing how different you can make a room look with a coat of paint, a few changes, a few measly dollars, and re-arranging the furniture.Vintage

I pulled out these  vintage trays that I had in my laundry room and added them back to my kitchen.  They were my mothers.  She got them when she got married. (I just realized that I don't think she would appreciate me calling them vintage)  Anyway, they have that look right?  They are replicas of Currier and Ives paintings.  They represent the seasons.  I am just in love with them, and my mother was so kind to give them to me a few years ago. 

The best part is when I was cleaning them off there was a sticky little spot.  I couldn't help but have a bit of nostalgia.  We used to eat on these trays as kids.  So the sticky could possibly have been a mess made by me, myself, and I.

I realize that I have done several posts on this very room.  First the wainscoting, and then the curtains.  I can't help it.  This is my favorite room of the house.  This is where we read scriptures in the morning.  Where my kids do homework, and eat their afternoon snack.  Most importantly this is where we gather at the end of the day to be with one another and enjoy a meal.  This is the most important room in our house.  When we gather for dinner I am at peace.  I know that my family is all safely gathered in again; after a day out in the world.

All Gathered 

14 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Gorgeous room! Can you come visit me and help me decorate??

KW said...

Love, love, love the red. It turned out great. Although... I always thought those trays came from Grandma Louise?

Eileen said...

I love everything you touch! You are my HERO. And I bow to you. :)

Ashlee said...

I love the new color! You have such an eye for decorating! I love watching your home evolve! I agree..the kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house as well.. a little tighter right now, but one day I hope to have a beautiful kitchen/dining area, like my grandmother's! (Hope I'm as good a cook when that day comes too!) A place to gather as family and friends and eat, play games, read, etc.!

Jaron said...

You are just the most industrious person I know! The room looks great, as does your lovely table. I love your sentiments on "all safely gathered in." How sweet!

Katie said...

Love the red! We did a red wall in our kitchen as well next to our dining area and I kept trying to talk Randy into the panels on the bottom half of the wall. Funny that we almost had the same kitchen. Anyway, I love it!

Stephanie said...

I agree, it is a farce! The room is beautiful, so you. My mom has some of those trays too. I think they were my grandma's. Maybe it's a Spanish Fork thing! ;)

Jennifer said...

Looks fantastic. And yes those 24 hr. room makeovers are a hoax. The quality just can't be that good. Miss you and hope you enjoy a great vacation.

Tara said...

Beautiful! What a great RED! I love your posts on your home -- such fun eye-candy! :)

Jessica said...

Love the red, of course! Beautiful job. I think you'll have to take a trip to Washington to help me with my house someday when I have my own:)

Michelle said...

Wow, that is daring. I would be terrified to do that color. . . unless of course YOU suggested it to me. Don't you love how I am totally dependent on you for decorating advice? Ha.
Miss you guys.

Leila said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. The red is gorgeous!

Krysta said...

I love it! Wasn't it worth all the hard work?

The table looks so good at an angle!

Cyndi said...

Andrea that's absolutely beautiful! I love the red walls. So when are you coming to my house to help me:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails