Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Perfect Man...

I am married to the Perfect Man.  I know you don't believe me, but I really am.  I spend many hours bragging about my children.  I also try to record all the memories that we make as a family, but today I am going to tell you why I am married to the

Perfect Man.

The perfect man

Yesterday, he had the day off.  He could have done anything.  

He was invited to out to a deer camp to go hunting with his good friend.  He could have slept all day (which is what he needed to do), or he could have watched Sports Center.  He did none of these things. 

Instead, he got up early and played with the kids.  He allowed me to have a morning nap.  He went to school and had lunch with Jex; which was a totally wonderful surprise for him.  He went to the grocery store for me, because 30 degrees is way to cold for me, and I didn't want to go out in that.   Then he helped me in the kitchen all afternoon as we prepared a dinner for the missionaries.

... We can't forget that he helped me put the kids to bed.  Then we laid in bed and talked about what a wonderful day we had.  I love spending time with my perfect man.

My husband amazes me every day.  When I stop to think about it, I realize just how wonderful he really is.  Here is my chance to brag about him.

He is:

kind beyond words

the most loving father that you will ever meetJex and JJonathan and Stella with isaac

a very hard worker with so much compassion for those he takes care of

a wonderful friend (I am lucky to be the best friend)

so spiritually in tune that it blows my mind, he is a man of great faith and taught me what it means to be faithful on many occasions

so athletic, and good at everything he triesBaseball Skiing SLIDE2 (He's Safe!!!)

Jonathan:

makes time for the kids and me (even when he works 120 hours a week, I don't know how he does it but he does.)

finds time for his calling (ward mission leader)Funeral

takes care of himself, he looks the same as he did the day we got married. (I wish I could say that, but I have 3 kids as a good excuse)Beach

is a strong leader, and makes good decisions

still gives me butterflies vlim_grateful_butterfly4  when he walks in to a roomvlim_grateful_butterfly2

does what he has to, to support his family

knows that family always comes first, and teaches others about that important truth.

Now you know a few of the reasons why I have the perfect man; and believe me these are just a few. 

You may be thinking to yourself nobody is perfect.  However, I beg to differ because he is the perfect man for me.

12 comments:

Alison Woods said...

He does sound amazing. Count yourself lucky! What a guy!

Stephanie said...

It's always good to remember these great things about husbands. I love your valance and I LOVE the knobs!!! I'm going to miss you this weekend, I always do when we scrapbook.

Emily said...

Jonathan is a great guy! Remember, you attract what you are, not what you want, so you must be pretty great as well! I'm sure he is thinking you are the perfect woman for him! Sweet post.

Colt 'n Tami said...

How SWEET are you! That was pretty tender! Ok,, so how fun for our parents my mom emailed us it was cute I think they're lovin life! Our parents together on an all you can eat buffet cruise... I bet they're in HEAVEN!!! FUn times!

KW said...

Jonathan is a great catch! Glad we both have such wonderful husbands!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

What a nice tribute to your husband! He is a lucky man to be married to you!

Casey Moes said...

Is that a Coors Light in his hand??? (Just kidding.) Jonathan, You are a stud! We appreciate your friendship so much!

melissa said...

I believe every word about my little brother!! He is quite amazing and I must say that I miss him. You are both lucky to have each other!

Krysta said...

He is the perfect man for you! I'm glad he treated you to a special day. Those always seem to make the "butterflies" more vivid!

Amber said...

Very sweet, however I think I snagged the Perfect Man :). We are lucky.

The Dooley Family said...

Thank you so much for this post! I'm not thinking too much about marriage at this point, but with all these RMs around, it sure comes to mind!

Thank you for showing me the type of guy I should marry! Your family is pretty darn wonderful, and I respect your husband very much. I was so privileged to grow up in a ward with so many adults I could model myself after and to hope to marry someone like!! Thank you :o)

Oh, and honey, if I can WALK all across campus to the furthest building in -30 degree weather, then you can DRIVE to the grocery store in 30 degree weather :o) lol Idaho's making me tough!!!

Rogerson's said...

I had a quiet minute this morning w/my own husband out with the 3 bigger kids at a birthday party and had some time to jump on friends and family blogs to see what was going on outside in the world (we just had #4 last week and I haven't been out much) I was so in need of a reminder about what a good man I married too and just wanted to say thanks for your post.
Outside of my roommate and the few from Orem that I already knew at Snow, "prettyboy" Swenson was one of the closest friends I had and I'm so glad he found someone so amazing to marry. I emailed a while back and asked if he'd mind if you flew to Utah for some tutoring on home decor and e-scrapping. So if you ever have some downtime (cause it looks like you're wonderwoman) any suggestions for where to start w/the online Scrapbooking stuff would be great. Your blog always looks amazing, I'm lucking to find the post button :) Thanks again for the post, I needed it today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails