Saturday, April 5, 2008

House Hunt

Jonathan and I took this weekend to make a visit to Arkansas. We have such wonderful friends and neighbors, and we were able to leave the older kids with them. It is so nice to have such amazing friends to rely on. It is hard when we are away from family, and such a comfort to know that our friends are our family in Kansas. We got a lot done this weekend. It feels so good to have those things crossed off the list. We met with two great real estate agents. We couldn't have asked for two cuter women. They treated us like their own children, and helped us make some wonderful decisions. I have decided to call them the agents with "attention to detail." They picked up on things that I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to notice. It really helped.

Jonathan and I spent the first day scouting out neighborhoods and window peeking. On our search we looked at homes that the agents had sent to us to look at through email. We wanted to check out a neighborhood that had many of the listings. When we got there, we knew immediately that we wanted to live there. Jonathan picked right up on this adorable house. We both new that we wanted to look at it.

The next day, while with the agents, we were able to get inside these homes. We fell in love with the home that Jonathan had his sights on. It is amazing. We are hoping that we will be able to secure it. There are so many steps to take. Who new there would be so many I's to dot and T's to cross. I am grateful for agents, their knowledge, and all their hardwork. It is fun for the two of us to be pursuing this next step. I loved how excited Jonathan got about all of the things he wanted to do the yard, and the extra upgrades. What a fun step in our journey. It may or may not work out with this house, but I had an enjoyable day. It was so fun to think about all of our hard work, and all the change we have gone through in the last five years. This is just another change, and we just hope to be spending the next part of our life in this great new home.

7 comments:

Krysta said...

I am excited for you guys to get a house too! It looks beautiful from the pictures you sent me. I'm glad you have good neighbors to help and good real estate agents.

Thanks for you comment on my blog...sometimes being a mom is one big guilt trip to me and I need to get over that, but it's part of the journey.

Krysta said...

I forgot to tell you that I will call you tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see where you pick to live. Are you moving to Little Rock? We have some neighbors/friends who moved there last year. He is a radiologist who is working and doing some teaching there. Wouldn't that be great if you ran into each other. They are really great people!

Keep us informed on your house. Good luck! And enjoy the process! How long will you be in Arkansas?

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

It is wonderful that things are now falling into place for you, after so much hard work and stress. I'm glad you have your blog so everyone can keep up with all the happenings in your lives big and small.

Jessica said...

How exciting to look for a house--I am totally jealous!!! But so excited for you. I want to see pictures too!

Carrie said...

Hooray that is so exciting! I am excited to see pictures from this trip & pictures from after you guys move of how you decorate everything. Congratulations!

Brunson's said...

Hooray!! How fun. I want to see pictures. I am happy for you to find a house and one that you love. I am sad and not ready for you to leave. That means new neighbors for us and you will be hard to beat!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails