Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You go ask her... no you go ask her...

The other morning, I could hear the kids plotting downstairs. I was upstairs anxiously waiting what ever it was they needed to ask me. Jex said to Stella, "You go ask her, because she will do it if you ask." Stella said, "No, you ask her." I am thinking this must be a really big thing they want to do. So then I hear Jex say, "No, just put your really sweet face on and go ask her. She will do anything for you." Stella said, "Okay, your right. She will do it for me." So up the stairs they come. I am laughing hysterically on the inside just waiting to find out what this big question could be. Then Stella says, "Mom, will you put up the tent?" This must have been really important to them. They love to play in their little camping tent. I love listening to my children communicate. It is so sweet. It is such a joy to listen to the small conversations they have. It makes you realize what is so important in their little world. Here I am worrying about getting the van fixed, or paying bills, or whatever. And the biggest thing in their world is putting up the tent. It helps me stop and take time to find out what really matters. I love the lessons taught by my children.

2 comments:

Calli Potter said...

That is probably one of the cutest stories I have ever heard (read)! So Cute!

Ashlee said...

That is just so cute! You are a great mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails