Monday, August 24, 2015

Six Years Ago.

I recently posted about my thoughts on words and how they touch us. 

Over the past few weeks that I have been thinking about words, I have reflected on how thankful I am to have words written down.  I also miss the good ole’ days of blogging.  In honor of the good ole’ days, I thought it would be fun to re-post an oldie.  So I went back 6 years.  I wanted to see what I was writing about 6 years ago this month.  Since I was pregnant 6 years ago, and that baby is now going to Kindergarten; I thought this would be a good walk down memory lane.

Here it is:

A repost from:

August 10, 2009

On Friday….

I turned 31 years old, and 28 weeks pregnant with our fourth child.

pregnant 4

.... is this where I expected to be at 31?

I don't really know what I expected, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Yes, of course, there are days when I think; "Is this really my life?" 

Another load of laundry

Time to do the dishes

Another floor full of crumbs to clean up

... and then one of them walks up to me and hugs me, or my husband says you look beautiful today.  That's when I realize that I didn't really expect any of this, and do I deserve to be so loved and blessed?

I thought it would be fun to share a few randoms about ME, since I never take the time to do that.

I am a Mother and Wife

I think in color schemes and fabric swatches

I know that we have a Latter-Day Prophet

I want my children to grow up knowing that they are loved

I have way to many things on my to do list

I wish there was more time in the day

I miss living in the Caribbean

I fear loosing a child

I feel overwhelmed

I hear my children laughing

I smell CHOCOLATE!! (wishful thinking)

I crave sugar cookies

I usually follow a routine

I search blogs for new creative ideas

I wonder if I am doing everything that I can to be a good person

I regret the way I behaved as a teenager

I love being creative

I care about my kids appearances

I always try to do what is right

I worry about being on time

I am not selfless

I remember my childhood with fondness

I dance with my kids on a regular basis

I sing to just about anything, as loud as I can

I don't always put my laundry away

I argue with very few people

I write whatever pops in to my head, and not all that well

I win at hardly anything

I lose my car keys, and random things on a regular basis

I never go to bed with a messy house

I listen to the scriptures online

I don't understand politics

I can usually be found doing something for my kids, or the house

I am scared that I will make mistakes

I need lots of love and hugs and kisses

I forget just about everything these days (thank heavens for calendars)

I am happy when I make a new friend

Thanks for indulging me and my memories about all about the Good Ole’ Blogging Days.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails