Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I have learned Thursday…

This weeks What I have learned will be scattered with some pictures of my favorite little ballerina. Well, I have two favorite ballerina’s.  I just happened to take some pictures of this one this week.  She wears a dance dress-up every day. I just have to share pictures also.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-12

What I have learned….

I must say that the last few weeks have been full of learning experiences.  I feel like Heavenly Father is always trying to teach me something.  I think I need to work a little bit harder at listening.  That way he wouldn’t have to work so hard to refine me.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-7

I have been thinking a lot about Faith this week and what it means to me.  I always thought that I was a pretty faithful person, but I have to admit that this past year has been a very faith trying year for me.

It has made me take a step back and think about what the word faith really means.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-8

After a great conversation with my sister this week, I felt my understanding of faith increase.  She has been such a wonderful example to me of faith.  We have all had trials in our life, but Kristin’s trials have been more public.  People have been more aware of the trials that she has gone through.  Through it all, she has been an example of faith to me.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-5 

This week,  she explained faith in her own words, she told me “Sometimes it is just easier for me to hope.  When I hope for things, I watch that hope turn into faith.” 

It got me thinking about hope.  This past year, I have had a very negative attitude.  I think I left all hope aside.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-2 

I found this wonderful quote this week while reading my scriptures:

“There are to many of us who put question marks instead of periods at the end of what the Lord says.  We must learn to trust the Lord.” Harold B. Lee

This is my resolve to change my attitude.  I am now putting periods at the end of what I know to be true; no more questions from me.  Well maybe a few. I am not perfect yet.

edits14 

I am having more hope for the future, and in turn plan to watch my faith increase.

Thanks to a wonderful sister who helped me see.  I believe that we are given family and friends to help us become better.  It is important to call on them in times of need.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-21

One more beautiful thing I have learned this week.  I love my sisters.  I am thankful for them.  I am glad they are some of my closest friends.  I hope that we are teaching our own children just how important it is to forge friendships with their siblings now.  Family is forever, while most friendships come and go.

Tess and Ike jumping on the bed-20

On that note, don’t forget to enter the giveaway from my other awesome and talented sister; Lindsay.  Click here to see what it is she is giving away. You won’t want to miss it. Giveaway ends tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for always listening to me as I share what I am learning in life.  When I take the time to write it down it helps to make me better.  It gives me a place to come back to and reflect.  I hope my words help you in some way also.

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the pictures of Tessa. Great quote from Harold B. Lee, I really like that! I can't imagine not having sisters either, I am so glad i have 2 girls so they can share the bond of sisterhood. Thanks for being such a good friend to me!

The Hell on Heels Housewife said...

All so very true...so easy to forget, nice to be reminded! Gorgeous pics! Your family is beautiful! I have been a follower of yours for awhile it has been a delight!
Maggie

Simply Domestic said...

My daughter would wear dress up clothes every day when she was younger! What a precious age! I love this post. One of my favorite verses is "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb. 11:1. When I'm lacking faith, I have to quote it out loud over and over! Your ballerina is precious! I love that your family is so close! Ours is also....what a blessing!

KW said...

Tessa is simply beautiful, seriously, she is gorgeous and I miss her!! I don't know that I did much, but I am always a listening ear. I am so glad I have sisters!!

Krysta said...

I always love your words AND your pictures! They are adorable...as always! I love and miss you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails