Monday, February 8, 2010

The Love Shack...

...used to look like this:

Love

but after hard work, some late nights and a lot of caffeine; it now looks like this.

Closeup

What did we do you ask?

We; as in Paige, LuAnne and I.

We painted the room.... wait for it,wait for it:

WHITE.

(Sherwin Williams Alabaster) for your information

Then we painted the ceiling a beautiful, yet very subtle:

Ceiling 

Robin's Egg Blue.

(Sherwin Williams Crystal Clear) for your information.

And then Paige used all her skills, and hand-painted this beautiful damask faux finish on the back wall.

How?  ...very carefully.  We measured it. She made a stamp out of cork, and stamped it on.  Then we had to brush it with a very fine paint brush.

With what?  A pearlized metallic paint, again from Sherwin Williams.

Thanks Paige, I love it!!!

Then I stood back and admired all our hard work; and this atrocious ceiling fan was staring me in the face.  The Love Shack was screaming for something more romantic.

Chandelier copy 

A chandelier was all that would do.  Thanks to Papa Bradford I don't have to look at that eye sore any longer.

While Paige and Luanne started painting, I painted our old amoire.

Cabinet

It was so boring before.  Look at it now.

Glass Knobs

The finishing touch was glass knobs.

And then my side table needed a little bling, so we added some of the metallic paint to it:

DSC_0075

Doesn't it look so Hollywood Glam?

This was my table before:

MIrror

... and then my night stand needed a touch up so we painted it white.

Lamp and nightstand

A little paint on the wall, never ends with a little paint on the wall.  It ends up being a little bit of paint everywhere. 

We touched up some of my accessories with spray paint, and the metallic paint. 

You see that lamp?(pictured above)  I painted it silver with spray paint.  The shade came from my attic.  I used some silver ribbon on it, and some dangles.  I had them all in my stash, and now I have a new lamp.

I shopped the house a little bit to add some new bling to the room.Mirror

... I did this whole room makeover with what I had, some paint, and a new chandelier.

Full Room

Isn't it so pretty?

Side View     

It is definitely worthy of being called the Love Shack now.  It is so romantic and peaceful.

You know I used to think that those home decorating shows were full of it.  I didn't believe that a can of paint could change the mood of a room.  I was wrong.  Hey, when I say I'm wrong; I'm wrong.  Sorry HGTV, I believe you now.

Now, I understand.  It totally can.(no pun intended)  It feels like a whole new space.  I think I even slept better.

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with going back to the basics of White. 

It truly inspires Love, and since this is the Love month this was the perfect time to tackle the project. 

How could a CAN of white paint change your life so dramatically and we can't forget peacefully?

26 comments:

Krysta said...

I LOVE it!! It's perfect. The chandelier was definitely worth the splurge. I forgot to ask you on the phone today if Jonathan liked the surprise???

Krysta said...

Is it seriously 1:58 a.m.? Holy Cow!!!

Kara said...

It looks great! It has always been my feeling that a good room painted in white...if decorated right can be awesome! Good job...

Pam said...

Luv Luv Luv it! now bring your creative juices home and help me redo my bathroom!! lol

Emily said...

BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT! I'm super impressed with your mad skills! And I'm LOVING your new lens! Check out the bokah on the chandelier image!

Christal said...

It's lovely! Love the chandelier and the wall stencil, especially! good job.

KW said...

I love it. I am ready to get into a house so I can start decorating. I have been on a major hiatus.

Dave and Lindsay said...

Way cute!! I love it! You are so creative!

Darlene said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Michelle said...

gorgeous. i want light blue in my bedrm too. . . .so pretty. :)

Beth Curtis said...

I love it! Sometimes it is scary to go white. It turned out great!!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am seeing this is going to be in a decorating magazine any time now!! You did a fabulous job. Your before room was wonderful but this is just amazing!!

Thanks for sharing your lovely space!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful room, Andrea! Very relaxing and calming ~ just what a bedroom should be!

{northern cottage} said...

ahhh - gorgeous & soothing! just found your blog & enjoying the view!!

SECPumpkin said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! I love it!!! i love the metallic paint, I never would have thought of that. And i know this part was there, but i love your shelf above your bed with the windows and frames. So sweet! congrats on your love shack! : )

Just A Girl said...

Oohhhh! What's the exact metallic paint you used???

Love Being A Nonny said...

This is my first visit to your blog. Your room looks great!!! And your family picture at the bottom of your page is beautiful!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

So so dreamy! Your blog is so wonderful! I'm coming over from Just A Girl. Glad you were featured!!

Jessi said...

Isn't it crazy how much paint can change everything? The Love Shack looks amazing! I love the stencils and chandelier, too!

Gillian Layne said...

I don't think it's the white, I think it's that the white is the perfect foil for the other beautiful, subtle tints and textures that can now shine in your room.Wow, wow, wow! I am so in love with pale blue right now. Thanks for sharing. :)

Bridget said...

I love white rooms but mine are far from looking this awesome. Gorgeous!

Kristi said...

This room is incredible!!!! I have linked you to my blog... and I hope I can borrow your inspiration!!! ♥♥♥

Laura said...

A friend of mine pointed me to this post, and I am in LOVE with this bedroom! It is gorgeous!! Robin's egg is one of my favorite colors. And we have our bed positioned between windows like you do, with no headboard, and I've been looking for something creative to do above the bed. I may use your room as inspiration too!!

Jen said...

Your room is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I found you on Shanty 2 Chic. I have a little Isaac myself! I'll be back for sure!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Love your color change. The blue is so pretty and really pops against the white. I'm saving this picture to my inspiration file.
Thanks for sharing!
Rose

Shortcake and Company said...

Andrea...I need to spruce up my bedroom. You're so creative. I would love to know where you find your inspiration! Great job!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails